If you're having problems with the sound, please see the
Sound section of the
Things known to not work very well, or at all, but may in future :-
- Need to cope with laptop and MacOSX keyboards better.
- First Letters screws up the VDP.
This is thought to be a corrupt transfer from cassette tape.
BBCBASIC.COM runs slow.
Things which don't work, and may never work, and why :-
- Toado doesn't sound right.
When you move the frog, it sets channel 1 to a loud tone
and then immediately silences all 3 tone channels
(so the fly noise, the twinkle noise and the frog movement tone
are all silenced).
However, on a real MTX, a crackly sound is heard.
This is because on a real MTX the sound chip responds
immediately, but in MEMU I fabricate waveform when PortAudio
periodically asks for it.
This is very tricky to fix.
- Programs which directly do low level disk I/O to the FDX style
floppy disk controller, such as the FDX boot ROM.
- Programs which do direct access to the cassette tape ports,
such as certain games loaders.
- Programs which depend on the DART, such as